We had the good fortune of connecting with Sarah Wragge and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Sarah, we’d love to hear more about how you thought about starting your own business?
I spent most of my youth in and out of doctor’s offices with chronic digestive and health issues. It wasn’t until my late 20’s that a holistic nutritionist made the connection between the foods I was eating and my symptoms. By simply changing my diet, the health issues I had battled my whole life disappeared. This is the inspiration for Sarah Wragge Wellness.
Can you give our readers an introduction to your business? Maybe you can share a bit about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
I am a holistic nutritionist and wellness coach who has taught thousands of clients how to eat for optimal health and energy, lose weight effortlessly, and enjoy the foods they love. At the heart of my programs are the simple strategies everyone needs to optimize fat burning, eliminate sugar cravings, and stay satiated between meals. I have a unique ability to cut through the barrage of health, diet, and wellness trends. I separate fact from fiction to deliver the essential nutritional information everyone needs to know.
1. I believe that it’s not about what we take away out, but what we put in.
2. I believe that food is medicine and we have the power to heal our bodies through nutrition.
3. I believe we should move our bodies every day.
4. I believe that being healthy is sexy.
5. I believe our bodies are machines that need to be properly fueled to operate at their best.
6. I believe we should never feel hungry.
7. I believe it’s better to eat full-fat anything than “diet” something.
8. I believe we should love our bodies through every bite.
9. I believe that rest days are as important as workout days.
10. I believe eating a primarily plant-based diet can transform your body.
If you had a friend visiting you, what are some of the local spots you’d want to take them around to?
If my bestie were visiting- this is what my ideal day would look like 🙂
Wakeup – drink a liter of water + dehydrated greens powder
Black organic coffee
Anna Kaiser Studios dance cardio class
protein smoothie from Dr. Smood
The Met to checkout some art, followed by a walk in central park
Stop by Clean Market for an infrared sauna treatment + IV drip + some lunch
lymphatic drainage massage at IMD Beauty
Dinner at ABCV
Magnesium flake + baking soda bath
Early to bed, lights out!
Best Day Ever!
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
Absolutely. A friend who I have a lot of love and respect for came to me 6 years ago and asked me to put her on a cleanse program to try to kick start a new health goal. At the end of it she was down 10 pounds and feeling more in her body than she had been in a long time. She looked at me- and said- you know you are really good at this. And you should do this as your full time job. She pushed me to just do one instagram post showing how I make my morning smoothie… the rest is history.