We had the good fortune of connecting with Evitta Hobbs and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Evitta, what’s the most important lesson your business/career has taught you?
I have grown older, which has prompted me to look back and reflect on the top seven lessons and pieces of wisdom I have gained throughout my life and my business. I have been fortunate enough to face certain challenges and overcome certain obstacles. This grateful journey has left me with life lessons that I feel privileged to have learned from experience. The top seven lessons I have learned so far.
1) Know your worth- People will pay for good quality work.
2) Success doesn’t come overnight- Having your own business takes hard work, dedication, countless hours of your time & the right marketing.
3) Don’t be afraid to fail- Learn from your past failures and move forward. It’s the best way to learn and not repeat the same mistakes.
4) Importance of Health- Nothing is more important than your health at the end result, not even success and financial gains. Even though people will love both success and financial gains for their business, you are not good to no one if you have fallen ill.
5) Be the best version of you- You only get one chance to make a great impression. Your personality is your business card; the experience people have after meeting you is your trademark.
6) Look back to see how far you have come. You will not see your next step if you are constantly dwelling on the past.
7) Remain humble – when it’s time to own it, go for it.
Can you give our readers an introduction to your business? Maybe you can share a bit about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
Evitta Hobbs aka CoachVitta is the CEO & Founder of business OnCuE Dance Co. A training and free-lance business that provides the clients with fitness training, dance education, and choreography, which are essential tools in pursuit of their achievements and goals. I have appeared on local broadcast stations and news articles. I was also featured on published magazines for locally and nationally Dance and Fitness. I have been recognized for Best Business five times and have received countless awards for dance choreography and fitness. I am now an author of a Women’s Health Guide book called “ Slaying Your Health After 25,” which is found on all book platforms. Hard work, dedication, and fully invested in my business has gotten me where I am today. My road hasn’t always been easy because you have your ups and downs during certain seasons, competition in the neighborhood, and this recent pandemic. I continued to reach out to many clients and different people that were supportive of sharing my business through social media outlets, purchasing virtual classes, and book. The most important things I have learned along the way are to know your worth, keep striving, and stay humble. I would like the world to know about my brand. My brand is made from the heart, sweat, and soul. My business loves to help clients achieve their goals.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Florida are good for beaches. You can find many eatery and drink places along strips of Downtown Miami, Orlando, Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. depending on the type of food you would like to eat. Florida is also known for tourists attractions in Orlando and Tampa.
The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
I like to shoutout my family (The Hobbs Family), for believing in me to start my own business. I have a small family; however, they have been my biggest supporters from day one. My family helps out wherever they see fit to help.
Youtube: OnCuE Dance Co.
Other: Podcast- CoachVitta Smart App – OnCuE Dance (found in google or Apple play store) Ebook- “Slaying Your Health After 25“
DiMaggio Images ( 1st group pic) Other images are by myself