We had the good fortune of connecting with David Goodman and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi David, what makes you happy? Why?
One of our marketing phrases is, “Doing the Right Thing can lead to a Good Thing!” We deliver the world’s premier sustainability certification program, the Edenark Group ISO 14001. It is, by a significant margin, the world’s most respected and followed sustainability standard and our price is roughly 5% that of lesser programs. Our program is unique in many ways and we are published by the United Nations. Our clients (ie, the certified sustainable organizations) benefit from lower costs; higher revenues, profits and valuation; and improved employee performance…..while showing a commitment to the environment and future generations. In effect, the organization gets to do a good thing (supporting its employees, the community, the environment and future generations)….and makes more money in the process, as certified sustainable organizations are growing 5.6x faster than their non-certified competitive peers. On a professional level, this makes me happy as I see the benefits to our clients. But, on a personal level, it makes me very happy as I feel I am making a difference.
What should our readers know about your business?
Edenark Group was founded in 1997 and has been facilitating client organizational enhancements for over 20 years. The Edenark Group ISO 14001 is unique in the world for the following reasons:
– We start with the world’s premier sustainability standard, used in over 170 countries
– We customize it for SMEs, allowing our price to be roughly 5% of lesser programs
– We focus on the promotion of the certification, enhancing brand, revenues, profits and valuation for the client
– We incorporate an employee performance enhancement service, improving the performance, health and happiness of the client’s employees, positively impacting organizational performance
– We project manage any CapEx improvements the client wishes, focusing on ROI-enhancement and Green products.
What we want the world to know about our service.
Given the current state of the world, data shows there is nothing an organization can do, that will have a bigger impact on its overall performance, than to become certified sustainable under the Edenark Group ISO 14001.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
I live in Palm Beach. I am a SCUBA diver and private pilot. If my best friend came down and wanted the ‘best time ever’, knowing his tastes are similar to mine, I would probably want to fly to the Islands and dive and fish for a week, eating what we caught.
The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
We want to thank three organizations:
– International Organization for Standardization (ISO) – This is the world’s largest standardization organization with over 20,000 standards being used millions of times, around the world. We want to thank them for letting us create a small to mid-sized enterprise (SME) version of its world-recognized 14001 sustainability standard, used in over 170 countries. This allows the Edenark Group ISO 14001 to be priced at roughly 5% the historical cost for a global sustainability certification.
– BPA Worldwide / iCompli -BPA Worldwide is the world’s largest media auditing agency. iCompli is their sustainability auditing division. We want to thank them for partnering with us on this program and agreeing to provide their auditing services for the Edenark Group ISO 14001 at a fraction of the cost for their historical audits; again, to help us bring this program to SMEs.
– United Nations – We want to thank the UN for publishing and promoting our unique program.